Do you need to securely video/audio record any work for your tutors to view?
For instructions on using Panopto please refer to our support page on Using Panopto to make audio/video recordings
Do you need to borrow a laptop computer to use for your course? We can lend you one.
Do you need to record programme material for yourself? Our Media Services provides facilities and support for students, particularly those producing and editing their own audio and video programmes as part of a practical media module.
You will find high quality media facilities and services at each of the University’s sites, and video camcorders, audio recorders and related equipment may be borrowed from Media Reception, subject to written confirmation from your tutor.
Editing suites are also available, and if you want to brighten up your soundtrack you have access to our library of Music Clips and Sound Effects. Selections from this extensive professional sound library may be added to your media production, subject to compliance with license conditions.
Find out about making an online booking
If University equipment is lost or damaged while it is booked out to you, you may be responsible for some or all of the cost of repairing or replacing the item(s).
Please refer to our Equipment Loans Policy document for full details.
Online Media Booking
We have a variety of Media and AV equipment, most of which may be booked and borrowed for a period of 1 to 48 hours, and use an online media booking system, Connect2.
Use this system to book portable production equipment for collection from the Information & Service Desk in your Library (LRC).
- Laptop loans— all students can borrow a laptop computer, no matter what course they are studying. They are available from the Information and Service Desk at the library.
- Media equipment loans — eg, audio and video recorders. These specialist equipments and facilities can only be made available through prior agreement between the LRC and your tutor.
Cardiff — Equipment Loans
- Laptop loans — all students can borrow a laptop computer, no matter what course they are studying. They are available from the Information Service Desk at the library. For more information, visit the Laptop Loans page of our Library website.
- Media equipment loans eg, audio and video recorders — for more information, visit the Online Media Booking
Music & sound equipment loans — portable music and sound recording equipment is available for loan.
Specialist Facilities and Support: Treforest, Glyntaff, Cardiff campuses
- Video & Photography — we have a four-camera, broadcast-quality, HD television studio, and two-camera presentation studio, each offering green screen facilities and separate production control rooms. A range of digital and traditional film photography equipment, fully equipped studio and darkroom facilities are available.
- Media & AV — portable media equipment is available for loan using the Connect2 booking system. Audio-visual presentation facilities are available in theatres and teaching rooms.
- Sound, Music and Radio — eight fully equipped digital and analogue audio recording studios and two radio studios. Portable music and sound equipment is available for loan using the Connect2 booking system.
- Drama & Performance — a fully equipped 160-seat auditorium and two practice studios with control rooms.
Technical Services at ATRiuM is a team of specialist staff who are available to provide support and advise in the use of the equipment and facilities across a range of technical areas.