1. You’ll start to hear about “UniLearn”
UniLearn is the umbrella term for the integrated system which supports USW learning and teaching activities through technology. Key components and tools include:
- Our virtual learning environments (VLE) — Blackboard
- Assessment tools — Turnitin, Grademark, Peermark and QuestionMark Perception
- Reading lists — Talis Aspire
- Audio/video — Panopto, Planet eStream, Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
- Communication and collaboration — wikis and blogs, plus Collaborate for live, online discussion and participation
2. An improved range of tabs in Blackboard
When you log in to Blackboard in September, you’ll notice some changes, with an improved range of tabs at the top including My Modules and the Home page.
Take a look at this video, which will give you a tour around this area of Blackboard.
Please note that you can make the video FULL SCREEN by clicking on the button in the top right of the video screen.
3. New Course Organisations in Blackboard
The Home page offers you access to your new Course Organisation: a central location for all course information and documents, as well as a simple way for you to chat with other students across the entire award.
Course organisations have been developed to provide you with a more coherent and organised picture of your course within Unilearn’s Blackboard environment. Check yours out and you’ll find:
- Information about the modules that make up your course, and links to the corresponding data stored in the Integrated Curriculum Information System (ICIS).
- Contact details for the course staff team and your student course representatives.
- Names of external examiners, together with other useful information such as the course handbook.