Important: If you have not already done so, you will need to activate your student account – this will enable you to access your online resources such as your e-mail, Unilife (your student portal), Blackboard and a range of other online learning tools and systems.
Are you a new student?
Induction sessions are provided for all new students at the beginning of their course. Sessions are usually arranged on a course basis, and are organised across a whole faculty.
Your learning is supported by the use of our Unilearn online learning environment, offering you access to course materials, resources and announcements and a range of other online communication tools and learning systems anytime you are connected to the internet. Blackboard is the main online learning environment and your tutors may also choose to incorporate some of the other tools in some of their teaching activities.
Below are several resources designed to support you in accessing and getting the most out of your IT account and the associated learning tools and systems.
We recommend that you:
- Find out how to Use Your Student e-mail Account and access on campus Wi-Fi
- Find out more about Google Drive and Google Docs including University guidance for students using our Google Apps and e-mail service (PDF)
- Become familiar with Blackboard, the University’s virtual learning environment
- Getting started with Blackboard – download the quick guide.
- Find out about various ways to Keep in touch with students and lecturers
- Find out about My Blackboard which is an area offering the opportunity to integrate selected social media functions within Blackboard
- Assess and determine whether you need to improve your ICT skills Note: opens in new tab/window
For assistance on IT-related issues, please contact our IT Customer Support Service